rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Supplements and foods that may DECREASE testosterone

Supplements and foods that may DECREASE testosterone

Quote: (05-18-2017 02:22 PM)Chaos Wrote:  

I went to the lab today to check my testosterone levels and the result had me surprised.

I checked them last year at a time when I had been 100% sober for months, 3 months on a strict high fat zero carb diet, no fap, lifting 4x week and martial arts 3x week, regular sleep patterns. I lived like a monk.

Now, I have mostly been eating like a veganvegetarian, low protein, and I have been partying few times a week. I even had a few smokes and been pretty sloppy with everything but I have been to the gym 4-6 times a week.

I went to the lab slighty hungover today and my levels have gone with 20% since last year.

Everything we know about affecting testosterone is really just a guess. The biggest problem is that you can't isolate for variables to truly find out if something is helping or not, so when someone says "My testosterone went up after I did X," you're just going by a hunch.

My personal opinion is that there are hundreds of factors that determine testosterone, and some are probably epi-genetically linked. If your brain has determined that there are no suitable mates or animals to hunt, it may shut down T production to save energy. Supplements and HRT can help for at least the short term, but they create dependency issues and possible side effects. I think they best we can do is to minimize exposure to man-made chemicals (particularly plastics), eat something resembling a "natural" paleo diet, avoid estrogenic foods, and surround ourselves with beautiful women who we want to impregnate.

Bottom line is why would our body create testosterone if there's nothing in daily life that requires its use? You don't have a family to protect, don't have to worry about getting food today, are not experiencing life-ending stress, etc. Banging sloots is fun, but may not be enough to keep T levels high.

Messages In This Thread