rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Supplements and foods that may DECREASE testosterone

Supplements and foods that may DECREASE testosterone

When it comes to maintaining healthy testosterone, there are four areas to focus on:

1. Things that INCREASE testosterone
2. Things that DECREASE testosterone
3. Things that INCREASE estrogenic effects
4. Things that DECREASE estrogenic effects

Most of us here are probably focused on the first area, neglecting the other three.

For six months, I have been adding flax seed to my home-baked bread. Turns out that flax is a stronger phytoestrogen than soy, though a different type. Phytoestrogens seem to confer a lot of health benefits, especially to the cardiovascular system, but it is still classified as an endocrine disruptor that mimics the activity of estrogen (though does not increase estrogen levels directly). The image I have of a man who consumes a lot of phytoestrogens is a Japanese man who eats mostly vegetables and lives to 100, though is not my ideal of masculinity.

I also have been drinking beer more lately, which has phytoestrogens in the hops.

Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, kale, and brussel sprouts, have phytochemicals that block estrogen production. In addition, I have read that fish oil supplementation may have a negative outcome for testosterone.

There isn't a lot of data on what individual foods do to testosterone levels, so you may have to experiment on your own.

When it comes to increasing testosterone, one overlooked strategy may be to simply avoid consuming phytoestrogens while consuming estrogen-blocking foods.

Messages In This Thread