rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For Those Interested in Anything Related to Photography

For Those Interested in Anything Related to Photography

First of all, shoutout to Araveug for taking the time to answer everyone's questions.

I'm trying to take photos similar to the ones in these people's instagram, specifically the first guy.

https://www.instagram.com/followtheraven/
https://www.instagram.com/levitatestyle/?hl=en

Right now I have a Gopro Hero 4 Black, a Leica X2 and my daily Samsung S4 camera. On my last trip I used my Gopro a lot with a selfie stick however you could tell I was using a selfie stick. Now I want to learn how to use a dedicated tripod to up the photo quality. I figure a camera on a tripod with a remote would be the best way to go to achieve the photos above.

With the Leica, I always found that the photos I took had a weird look to them. It's probably because I don't know how to use the lens. I was thinking about just selling it and using the money towards a Sony RX100 which looks like it has more features in a more compact package which would mean I'd carry it around more.

Another alternative would be to get a screen for the Gopro and to compose the photo that way and then remove the fisheye afterwards however the quality wouldn't be as good I'm thinking.

How would you take photos like those examples above without a photographer following you around?

I have a basic understanding of composition, aperture, shutter speed, iso, etc. For the latter 3 my sticking point would be how to work all 3 together better. With the Leica since the shutter speed and aperture have their own dials, I would play a lot with different combinations of the 3 to see what the camera did. Getting a solid tripod I think would really make a big difference in my photography to begin with. I have a very cheap and thin aluminum one I got from amazon for my Gopro and already see the immediate results however I wouldn't put a more expensive camera on it.

Messages In This Thread