rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wikileaks Vault7 release

Wikileaks Vault7 release

Quote: (05-13-2017 09:34 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

This is nothing to do with sensitive work. Your PC that you are posting on right now is vulnerable to this attack. Do you have sufficient back up plans in place? Do you browse from a sandbox/VM? I bet you don't. If you are using Linux, then Ok, you are safe, and my bad.

I keep windows installed on this computer for other purposes, but I also don't have any documents that are nefarious stored on this computer. Important records have a paper copy and/or thumbdrive backup. The documents I'm most worried about getting stolen are government issued so they already know about them and I suspect I've already been hit by the OPM breach.

This has nothing to do with Microsoft really. This is the NSA. They are terrorists.

That may be, but it's still Microsoft products that are all more or less "infected". If you're doing ANYTHING that is extremely sensitive I would highly recommend an airgapped Windows 95/98 system and using external storage to transfer info.

And what is "an off-brand CPU", "a home-built OS", "a reputable Linux build"?
Nothing yet for CPU's, unfortunately. However Chinese made chips are going to be hitting the market soon. A competing server CPU already exists: https://www.nextplatform.com/2017/02/02/...challenge/

Everything else has already been covered extensively by other forum users.

Again there isn't really that much you can do to completely stop an attack or monitoring in this era other than by using an airgapped system or by only using internet cafes, without bringing your cellphone, paying using cash, and not logging into any accounts you use elsewhere.

From an organizational perspective you're more or less fucked due to the NSA.

This isn't about you man.

You recommend to air-gap systems? Who exactly are you? Does the 90 percent of infrastructure we are talking about fall under your recommendation? I don't think it does.

You have over shot the mark by a wide extent.

This is not about you or your opinions. For the last time: There is infrastructure in place that will be in place for the next 10 years at least that will be vulnerable to these attacks. This was just a shot over the bows. Next attack, well it will be much much worse and less able to be defended against.

You aren't helping with your 'install linux' crap. Give it up. No offense. We can talk about this in other threads. Major infrastructure is run on windows, and will be for the next 10 years. That will not change. What is so hard for you to understand about that?

Messages In This Thread