rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For Those Interested in Anything Related to Photography

For Those Interested in Anything Related to Photography

Quote: (05-12-2017 03:45 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Hey buddy thanks for posting, this is right up my alley as I'm looking to get into photography. While I want to get into photography the DSL I would pick up would probably be used as much if not more so for videography so want to make sure I get a DSLR that has an active mode so I can see on the computer, ideally a flipout screen though not a dealbreaker if it doesn't have one, and I'm kind of cheap so not looking to spend a ton.

Would you suggest I buy something lower end new and spend my money on lenses or buy somehing better quality but used?

I saw costco they had a Nikon D3400 with two lenses and some accessories, is this any good? https://www.costco.com/Nikon-D3400-DSLR-...13565.html

Lastly, can you give me a few bullet points on mirrorless vs dslr? I've read on forums and hear critics of both side but curious to hear which you would choose.

I would rather have something that is higher quality (due to any number of potential features) but may need a repair (90% it would be shutter) sooner than later than get a lower quality, but new, kit. If you insist on a new body, then get used high quality glass (lenses) - lenses have way more of a direct impact on your images/versatility right our of the gate. As far as that Costco kit goes, it just depends on what you are setting out to do. Are you going to try and make some money? If not, you can have fun with that thing, mess around and capture some decent images. Nobody charging market rates would use something like that, however. I am not insulting anyone who has a camera like that or discouraging you from buying it.

Re mirrorless, see my previous response. I know my previous post does not have a ton of details, but I am no expert on mirrorless, I just know the basics. I have only used SLR cameras simply because that is where I started and have not felt need to switch for any substantial reason. It would mean all new bodies and lenses, too much of an undertaking for me. If I were just getting into photography now, I would definitely give mirrorless real consideration - mostly due to slightly better portability, all the travel photography I do (personal hobby, not work).

Thanks for the question, hopefully my answer was helpful.

Messages In This Thread