rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

In Defense of France

In Defense of France

Quote: (02-06-2012 09:43 PM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

Quote: (02-06-2012 12:13 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Hooligan -

I have seen you multiple times on here haze people for not speaking Russian, not adapting to Russian culture and then complaining about it.

I agreed with you when you did that.

So, it is only fair if I smack you around for saying the same thing about France, right?

I mean, right?

Absolute bullshit man.

Show me where dude because you are reaching now and completely misconstruing my posts. Adapting to the culture of the people and being tolerant of cultural differences is important. But there is a difference between tolerance and crawling up the ass of the locals just so that they can treat you like a decent human being. The latter is something I refuse to do and the expectation that the French and their culture should be pedastalised (instead of respected) just so that we can enjoy the magnificence of France is an attitude I will never agree with with or accept.

Now I have always said that if people dont speak Russian, they need to pipeline women so that they dont waste their time hitting on women who dont speak English. Its to save them time, and I have said that across multiple posts. I have never hazed anyone for not speaking the local language.

I have also never said that people have had to learn to speak Russian just to TOLERATE THE PLACE, on the contrary, I have advised people its not worth the effort if they dont intend to spend much time there. The people are not going to treat you like a piece of shit because you dont speak Russian or know little about Russia. Go back and check if you have to.

Now you are naturally going to have an easier time of it if you speak the language in any country. The difference is that the French treat you like absolute dirt when you dont speak their language and are clearly a foreigner. It sums up their arrogance and passive aggressiveness perfectly.

Now I am sorry to say, but if people think I am going to dedicate months to learning a language just so that they dont spit in my croissant or will give me directions with a smile, they better make sure their streets are paved with gold instead of dog shit and sewage. France is not nearly special enough that I need to tolerate their ill mannered, disgusting behaviour just so that I can spend time there.

Now, onto culture.

Adapting to and respecting the local culture is completely different from taking issue with the local culture creating a nation of people that treats foreign visitors like lepers. Im not some guy who went for 2 weeks on a holiday once and was rubbed up the wrong way. I have holidayed there, but I have also done business with the French extensively. There is no other nation of people I find more distasteful than them. If I went to France and complained that the cheeseburgers were shit and everyone was a fag because they drank wine instead of beer, you would have case.

If you speak French and like the place, all the more power to you dude. There are people who do enjoy the country and cant get enough of it. Good luck to them! I wish them nothing but the best.

After the poor treatment I have received in France over the years, along with the general attitude of the people, I will not be returning unless I have to. I never felt welcome there and the levels of animosity shown towards foreigners means that they do no want us there. I will oblige them and take my money and time elsewhere.

Not everyone who dislikes France is an ignorant barbarian either bud. Lets leave that crap to the French shall we? It comes more naturally to them than it would you.

Hooligan -

Settle down.

I do remember a thread where you hazed a guy for not adapting to Russian culture and speaking the language.

I am not going to go find it, it would probably take forever. The guy got banned on the thread and he was from NYC. Entropy and some others jumped in and agreed with you.

As did I.

Maybe that rings a bell.

As for the second post, the reason it was "indirect" was that it was a joke and not geared toward you specifically.

The internet is a "flat" medium. Things get lost in translation.

Trust me, I have gone head to head with probably 200 people on here and came out on top each time.

200-0, 200 KO's

If I was going after you, you would know it.

That being said, yeah, I think you should avoid France in the future.

I smacked you for what I thought was hypocritical. That is it.

Nothing personal.

Messages In This Thread