rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sunglasses

Sunglasses

Quote: (06-29-2011 03:31 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Persols are a little-known classic:

[Image: Persol_PO0649__108_33.jpg]

Quote: (07-02-2011 10:19 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:  

I've worn Persols exclusively for over a decade. I like simple styles that aren't trendy and Persols have been around forever. They also last for a long time and since they're classics you can wear them as the expensive fads come and go, and they can be worn with all the styles of clothing I like to wear without looking out of place. They cost a bit but they're worth it, and it only takes breaking one pair to get really careful about keeping them intact. Well it took me two but I am a slow learner.

Persol PO 2288's are my current go to pair.

Quote: (12-06-2011 03:34 AM)Laner Wrote:  

+1 on Persol.

I have been rocking these for a while.

Quote: (12-13-2011 06:36 PM)cool Wrote:  

Persol tortoise shell

Quote: (12-13-2011 06:44 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

Persols are pimp,

Oh Hell Yes. Persol all the way. There's some good taste players here. They're all I've worn for years. While not "field tested," (in the standards of this forum) my friend managed a sunglasses store in a swanky mall, so I was able to try on everything for a few days each. Like many people here, found I got the best result (on my face shape) from the traditional tortoise-shell Persols.

This is my current pair:
[Image: $%28KGrHqJ,!jQE4o-c64HqBOSEr-yBEw~~0_3.JPG]

The thing about Persols is that, as stated earlier in the thread, they're timeless yet smooth, understated yet easily recognizable. Functional art. They're "flossy" without the "try hard" element you'll find with other sunglasses. Always in style. And IMO, women associate a certain type of man with them (the kind they like).

Another thing I've found with Persols is that all over the world you'll find other players with them. It's easy to start conversations with strangers. I always do. Almost without exception everyone I've approached to talk "persol" (in US, africa, SA, Europe) has been pretty cool. They dig them as much as we do.

Messages In This Thread