rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you guys like pickup trucks?

Do you guys like pickup trucks?

I do like trucks, but I cringed when I saw the first post on this thread, as personally I would never buy a new truck like that f150. I buy trucks for work and every day drivers.

The other thing I've got to add is ....it isn't a real truck unless it's a diesel. some of you guys might know what I'm talking about.

When I see someone driving a 1st generation cummins (89-93 dodge diesel) I can almost assume that person know's what's up. (Not saying girls would be into that truck, but who cares, drive whatever car you want to drive).

The trucks really haven't gotten any better in recent years, the key is to find a good older one with a history of maintenance, that hasn't been abused or hotrodded.

I really hate the lifted trucks, big wheels billowing black smoke is cool etc thing, all that shows is that you wasted money. fortunately the worst of that is limited to North America for the most part.

BUT all that said, it really is nice to get a 4 door truck. Once you've gone to a crew cab pickup, it can be hard to live with anything else. There are some decent options out there, in America. I personally would recommend 87-03 ford with the 7.3 / powerstroke, with crew cab and a flatbed. dodge and chevy/gmc diesels of around the same age range also can be a good buy. I guess if you live somewhere rust is a problem, either go to california to buy your truck, or you will have to live with something newer.

Some of those trucks (f250 f350 2500 3500) can get decent mpg's, 16-22 or so.

4 doors with plenty of room in the back seat.

So I understand why guys would buy a newer pickup, nice interior, 4 door..nice and plush, not so loud.... but just realize that the chances are you will have to spend big $ on repairs at some point, (so you might as well budget for half the car's value in repairs, over a few years) and with all the electronics & emissions crap you will only be able to take it to the dealer for service.

So if you need a 3/4 ton (2500) or larger...that older diesel crew cab is the ideal truck.. if you are actually using it to work. few guys really need a full size truck so a mini truck, probably an import makes more sense.

I have a soft spot for toyota pickups, and nissan as well. A small pickup like a ranger(mazda) or nissan 720 can be a good choice, especially an extended cab, 4x4.

Small diesel pickups are non-existant in america, but the rest of the world has some and they are tough little vehicles.

Would love to see a 30-40mpg small diesel truck sold in the USA but that's not likely to happen. In the early 1980's...Nissan, Toyota, VW, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Isuzu etc all sold diesel mini trucks in the USA that were capable of great mpg's.... so why is there nothing now?

I'm pretty sure a diesel tacoma / hilux pickup would be a good seller, and I have no idea why there isn't something like that sold in the states..

Messages In This Thread