rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beta and White Knight Thread

Beta and White Knight Thread

Quote: (05-01-2017 03:11 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

snip

Perfect example of why this board is great.

If Creepy McBeta approaches her, all of the advice offered by these ladies applies. It is intrusive, it is interrupting, and a written note with a smiley face won't make them feel like they're about to be raped - furthermore they can happily throw it out later after bragging to their friends about the Nice Guy who found them attractive.

Everything changes when Brad Pitt/Tony Danza/Handsome McAlpha approaches and says, "I couldn't help noticing you reading Sartre - I wrote my thesis on Nietzsche, but never had the chance to delve as deep into Sartre as I would have liked. Do you mind if I ask what sort of paper you're writing?"

The interesting thing to note is that none of these women are consciously lying to him. Ask a woman - any woman - about being approached by a stranger (a strange guy) and she immediately leaps to a mental image of all the unwanted attention she receives on a daily basis. When a Beta (or worse) approaches in such an aggressive manner it creeps her out.

But when a good-looking, self-confident guy approaches, she's eager to speak to him... but that's not what she thinks of when you ask her for advice. If you're asking a woman, after all, she's already relegated you to the Non Sexual Zone - whether it be friend zone, the "Loser on Reddit" zone, the "He's my blood relative and I'm not a Democrat" zone, or whatever.

And let's be honest: if you're performing an activity in public, you're generally asking to be interrupted. Heck, I'll go to the coffee shop or bar to get some work done at times, and I'll be jotting down notes while reading something godawful like Leviathan. I'm out of the house because I'm feeling the need for human company, and generally speaking I'm open to anybody interrupting me for conversation.

The sad thing is that people are so socially autistic that they no longer know how to talk to strangers. Sad!

Messages In This Thread