rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help With My Diet and Workout!!

Help With My Diet and Workout!!

(I can't add links yet, so Google is your friend.)

Martin Berkhan of LeanGains is the man to follow. His style of Intermittent Fasting is great for weight loss and he often writes about new research findings in depth.

- Intermittent Fasting: eat in an as narrow a time frame as possible, e.g. from 1 PM until 6:30 PM. In that window you can eat whatever, but...

- Low carbohydrate: in addition eat as little refined carbs and simple sugars as possible. No sugary soda shit, it is poison and starts energy storage in fat cells. No cakes, cookies and other crap either for the same reason.

- Rule: Eat the things that come out of the ground, and eat the things that eat the things coming out of the ground. Whole foods, so meat and fish, nuts, seeds and veggies. Only a bit of fruit. No potatoes, try eating rice if you have to have some carbs.

- Lift heavy! Cardio burns calories, but you get more hungry afterwards. Lifting actually burns fat as your body starts to synthesize muscle, which costs a lot of energy. Moreover, fat calls make you hungry, whereas muscle cells costs energy just to maintain.

(Regarding using cardio for fat burning, remember that in order to run off a can of coke you have to run a marathon pretty much.)

Read 'Good Calories Bad Calories' by Gary Taubes on why we get fat and how politics and corporate interests has pushed the High Carb Low Fat diets that make people obese.

Watch this lecture called 'Sugar: The Bitter Truth' (Youtube) on how sugars, especially fructose (HFCS and sucrose), are metabolized.

Good luck.

P.S: Your girlfriend is a keeper, but she's gaining weight with you? Make sure you don't end up with a post-wedding post-childbirth fatty.

Messages In This Thread