rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Trump China Policy Thread

The Trump China Policy Thread

[quote='Liberty Sea' pid='1554827' dateline='1492746691']
[quote]

10. China is having a lot of problems. Tremendous problems, in fact. But they also have massive potential. China's core strength is its large, ultra-nationalistic, high IQ, cunning, driven, hard-working and ruthlessly pragmatic population. Almost every flaws would be rendered minor in the face of this strength, and almost every major problems can be overcome with this force. [/quote]

Again, dudes keep mistaking parts for the whole. The average Chinese dude is not this ruthless alpha male who is deeply pragmatic and nationalistic. Walk into any department store and I'll show you China's version of "The people of walmart" in Shenzhen. China is like 95% farmer and maybe, MAYBE 5% super smart.

Again, a lot of this "oMG CHINA IS TAKING OVER STUFF" has gotta be propaganda funded by China. It is not rooted in the reality of what it's like in China. This is still a 3rd world country even if they're good at pretending it isn't.

Lots of the smartest Chinese people here are deeply resentful of their big daddy government that does all the "thinking" for them. You think they're all trying to get their money out of this country because they love it so much here?

So many of the rich Chinese people are trying to get the fuck out of here. I have a friend out here who is a Fuerdai and I was asking him how Chinese billionaires spend most of their time.

He looked at me, laughed and said, "they spend most of their time moving their money out of this country."

[Image: jordan.gif]

I think the government likes to put on this show of "we the Chinese people" but the Chinese are far more discriminatory against other Chinese than they are to many other groups.

me: "Rocky, do you like people from Hebei, Xin Jiang and Dongbei?"

Rocky "you mean do I like thieves and wife beaters? [Image: icon_lol.gif]"

There is unity but it isn't this monolithic identity. So many ethnic groups were forced to "bend the knee" to china and they definitely have not forgotten that.

That said, I do agree that the government here is good at getting things done quickly, but the shit is often shabby. Just look at what they're doing in HK and with Bikesharing. They could have had a peace handover but decided to flex their muscles and make a display of it and they now have to drag an angry HK kicking and screaming into the fold.

Same with bike sharing, In SZ many of the people hate the bikes because they're everywhere. You walk to the front of your building and its a clutter of those little orange bikes. I'll give them a 10 on the idea, but it was poorly done. It's clutter central and annoying to property owners everywhere, especially when the clutter gets so bad that you can't walk into your own building.

I"m sure you guys also saw that video of that bike route that had literal standstill traffic because everyone decided to bike the same route.

China is a deeply myopic country with myopic decision-making on many levels. I could harp on and on about this sort of stuff.

I don't do this because I dislike it here, but simply because it seems like there is a lot of 1-sided Chinese and Russian cheerleading on this forum.

Speak to any long-term expat who has been here for 10+ years and they'd laugh at the idea of a chinese world takeover within the next 10-20 years. They can hardly manage their own population *cough* Xinjiang *cough* but i'm supposed to believe they're going to export the Chinese system globally and crumble the west from within?

[Image: icon_lol.gif]

Sorry, unless I've just been not seeing anything for the past 2 years, I simply don't buy this chinese world dominance schtick.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Messages In This Thread