rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The photography thread

The photography thread

Quote: (04-04-2017 09:54 PM)Jack Of All Trades Wrote:  

is it worth it to buy a new camera just for the autofocus motor? I have a Nikon D3100 and it doesn't have the internal motor system like the other better cameras. I'm debating selling a few lenses or buying a better camera body. I'm currently on the fence with buying a 24-70mm which f2.8 which can do a lot or work. I also like the D5x00 and D3x00 series for their form factor and light weight, but not having a internal motor restricts me to only the most newest and expensive lenses from Nikon and other manufacturers.

That's interesting, I never knew that Nikon did that with some of their camera bodies. Since I shoot Canon all of the focus motors are on the camera lenses themselves, so I don't have to worry about that. Anyways the D3100 is an old enough body that you would be justified in upgrading anyways. What's your budget and how much do you expect to get off the lenses you intend to sell? You could look for a used D610 or even a D750 if you have the money those would probably go well with the 24-70 you're thinking about buying.

Messages In This Thread