rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fixing lower back problems from sitting too much

Fixing lower back problems from sitting too much

Quote: (03-30-2017 08:28 PM)Vaun Wrote:  

Bar hangs - Travesty explains this well, but hanging from a pull up bar several times a week is basically traction. You are putting your spine in traction, which relieves the pressure in the spine, and resets the back naturally. Its a pretty widely prescribed fix now for back issues. I do pullups ups several times a week and just hang if my back is tight.

Holy shit I've been having back pain for a year since I started an office job, and today magically I just cured myself with this!

After some chin-up, I hang myself on a bar, letting go of the body completely, the only thing flexing is the fingers to keep myself on the bar. You need to make an effort to really let go of your lower body because the natural instinct is to tighten the small back to combat gravity.

As I let myself hang I feel tremendous pressure on the lower back exactly where the back pain usually comes from. I bit my teeth and kept going, letting myself sway sideways so the body stretch even more.

Then there's this fucking tearing feeling in my muscle and incredible pain, as if someone just rip my fucking spine off. I had to let go of the bar, rest for a few min, then do some back extension.

For a moment I thought I unseated my disc or something, but lo and behold, after half an hour the pain is completely gone. The tightness and irritation I've been fighting for a year suddenly gone too! I felt like I just got my back back from 2 years ago when i was still doing breakfalls in Aikido.

Gonna hang every fucking day from now on. Thanks Travesty and Vaun for the suggestion.

Guys, try if it works for you.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Messages In This Thread