rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Security jobs?

Security jobs?

Quote: (04-02-2017 05:23 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

^This

Even if you only join the police force with the strict intention of getting out after five years or so, your career prospects in the security industry will be considerable better than if you start off as a rank-and-file security uniform stuffer, where your prospects would be zero.

Understandably if you have a chequered past or you're a little over the hill then it might not be an option. If that's the case and you still want to get into that industry then I would suggest you pick a field in security where a small time player can build a business (mobile patrols for example). Join a security firm offering those positions, learn the ropes and pay special attention to the ins and outs of the business side. Study small business operation in your free time and then cut your ties and strike out on your own.

I knew a few guys that ran their own security business that was literally one guy. Themselves. They subcontracted themselves to larger firms when the need arose and the larger firms couldn't get any of their regulars to pick up the phone. For the larger firms it was simply the case that coming through for the client (reputation) was more important than getting a cut.

Those guys weren't millionaires but combined with some accounting voodoo they ended up doing half the work for about the same money.

What about military police? I'm ex military myself so I know that being a vet helps but would ex-MP be considered a double whammy with LE and military experience?

Messages In This Thread