rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Security jobs?

Security jobs?

I had an exchange with Peregrine via PM, very insightful answers he agreed to let me share here (with redactions for personal info.)

Godfather dust:
I have a couple questions:

1. I have a sealed criminal record. Will this pop in a background check? I doubt any of my previous bacgkround checks have been super in depth. My google is clean.

2. Are indeed.com snagajob and craigslist good places to look? I've always checked these for job posting.

3. How crippling is lack of military experience in this field?

4. Would restraint training help me get a job? I am good at hurting people but not stopping a violent person without harming them.

Peregrine
1) Good question, no idea. This is a question I'd put to the licensing body in your jurisdiction (anonymously, obviously).

2) Also jurisdiction dependent, but those are probably good places. Craigslist also, believe it or not. Check company websites of uniformed security guards and apply directly on their websites too, they always need people. Once you're in, you can start getting experience and then leverage that for better jobs (uniformed security sucks balls). I got my first job just applying directly on a company website, they called me back next day.

3) It helps, but it's not necessary. I worked with great guys that were military, but also great guys that never served.

4) I wouldn't bother taking any security restraint courses or whatever. Take up judo or BJJ. I've got BJJ and krav maga experience, and honestly BJJ was more useful.

Messages In This Thread