rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fixing lower back problems from sitting too much

Fixing lower back problems from sitting too much

Read up on the Mckenzie Method, and find a practitioner. Literally fixed my back. McKenzie is a self practiced physical therapy routine, designed to give the patient the ability to perform their own physical therapy, on their own, without the need of a doctor or supervised PT setting. Initially you would have a McKenzie PT look at you, give you the exercises you need, then you take it from there. Its typically 1-2 visits. I did mine with a PT doc in Hawaii, over Skype, over 7 years ago. Now when my herniated disk flares up, I do the exercises, and it goes away very quickly. Its really the only method which blends science and self reliance; you get diagnosed, and then do the exercises when your back acts up.

Also, do back bridges every day. This is for general maintenance and strengthening the back. Bridges will build a bullet proof back that can withstand heavy squats and deadlifts, and blogging. Lately I have been doing them about 4x per week after my workout. I can hold a bridge for about 2 minutes. Your goal should be 3 - 3 minute bridge holds, a few times per week or more.

Bar hangs - Travesty explains this well, but hanging from a pull up bar several times a week is basically traction. You are putting your spine in traction, which relieves the pressure in the spine, and resets the back naturally. Its a pretty widely prescribed fix now for back issues. I do pullups ups several times a week and just hang if my back is tight.

Its a combination of McKenzie and Bridges that has made my back healthy and strong. When my herniated disk flares up I can barely walk. Those days are gone now, and I know what to do to make the pain go away.

Messages In This Thread