rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The photography thread

The photography thread

Quote: (03-29-2017 05:05 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Any suggestions on bodies ?

I screwed with a broken camera this morning. Its a cannon 7d II. We've had it for 18 months, and up until the other day its never missed a beat. The book says its weatherproof, and at first I was gonna call someone and bitch, because these little bastards are expensive, but thinking about it this is pretty good.

The metal ring that connects the lenses with the boby is pitting and salty, and the connecion to the battery is fried and I destroyed it trying to clean it.

None the less that's 18 months never leaving saltwater. Its just not made for that. There were a lot of times I had it on a clip tripod and swam around in the open ocean, of course above water but still. It was just kept in the bag it came with, which is also not marine grade, but in perfect shape.

That thing took great pictures and videos. For a boat, and for sure a motorcycle, you need an external microphone with fuzzy stuff over it or you will just record wind noise.

But this Sony deal blows the canon away. The only way I can explain how the stabilization works is that its black magic. Its just great.

You can get the canon mark II 7d for less than a grand if you look around and with all the little accessories and lenses for not much more.

Here it is for $909 but I don't know if this is legit:
http://powersellerdigital.com/details/98...Au9M8P8HAQ

Aloha!

Messages In This Thread