rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Steel Panther Red Pill?

Steel Panther Red Pill?

These guys are brilliant. First I heard about them about ten years ago from a friend who's kind of stiff ... he said he saw 'this band called Rock School', and they were incredible, shouting stuff like 'heavy metal isn't dead' etc, this almost ecstatic recounting of a concert from a guy who is your cliche accountant type. I realized that Steel Panther was the "Rock School" band he had been talking about. ( I think they couldn't use 'Rock School' for some legal reason ). The lead guitarist and singer were in a van halen tribute band called The Atomic Punks ... the lead singer does David Lee Roth better than David Lee Roth, the screams were *perfect*...why Van Halen didn't grab this guy is every Van Halen fans question. The real DLR is a shell of his former self. The lead singer also has a doctorate in English Lit. The band mocks every cheesy 80's hair-band cliche to a T. The open-mouthed guitarist, the bassist who's only there to look good and doesn't play his own tracks on the record, their interviews are hilarious. Smart guys making a good living and being incredibly politically incorrect in times when political correctness has gotten out of control. They are great.

I love when "Satchel" lol ( the guitarist ) says to the interviewer "That is a really good question" ... they're taking the piss out of all band interviews and how ridiculous they all are.

Before the mock 80's Steel Panther, they were The Atomic Punks a 'serious' Van Halen tribute band, the singer is more Roth than Roth, the scream at 1:46 is old Roth. The actual Van Halen screwed up, they should hired this guy.

and this is comedy gold, the "pull the girl up on stage and sing to her" bit. This is politically very incorrect and she loves it and the crowd loves it. I'd be happy with a girl with a face like this, what a babe ... and cool enough to sing "suck my balls all night" in a fun moment.. girlfriend material right there. : )

Messages In This Thread