rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Snapchat is dying

Snapchat is dying

Quote: (03-18-2017 05:32 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

Quote: (03-18-2017 05:16 PM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

I still don't see the value proposition for instagram and snapchat for me.

I'm not sure what need it fills in my life (34 year old guy).

I focus on my own life, so instagram seems pointless, and snapchat, I mean I just text or call people when I want to communicate.

Judging by their valuations, I must be in the minority.

That, or the valuation is a bubble.

"They wanted Flying cars and we gave them 140 Characters" - Peter Thiel

The problem with these tech companies is that they don't really meet any basic need beside that of attention whoring and making yourself feel good. I've quit Facebook and Instagram over the past month, and I'm never going back, and I'm a 23 year old kid. I have plenty of friends that are dropping off the face of the social media Earth too, privacy is starting to be cool again. I don't want people knowing who I'm dating, what successes I've achieved, or really anything more than my name before they really get to know me. Those that matter in my life have my phone number or email, and if they don't then I didn't want them in my life for the long term.

Things will come full circle.

From what I see, most people I know are not even using Facebook or Instagram that often, they are normally on LinkedIn just for professional reasons, since LinkedIn is just a online resume social media, you don't need to really post anything on it, not annoying kids pictures or minions quotes.

Messages In This Thread