rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "Hotep" movement

The "Hotep" movement

Quote: (03-16-2017 04:07 PM)Enigma Wrote:  

Quote: (03-16-2017 02:37 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Many of you know this already, but I don't subscribe to Afrocentrism at all. Some black members here do not like me or my views on the differences between Black Americans that have ancestors that were slaves/born here and actual Africans or Caribbean blacks. Some of them actually have a passport with a homeland where we are stuck here and will forever be American. We cannot choose to be something else just because color is similar or the same. They probably call me a traitor, and I think they lack understanding. It is what it is.

Like lots of other Americans my DNA is a hodgepoge. I am not 100% African by any stretch of the imagination. Majority blacks in America are similar, like Excelsior said, most are not over 85% West African DNA wise. Culturally I identify as a Louisianian or East Texan. I hunt, fish, and do whatever the others there do. Of all Africans I know, I share nothing in common with them.

To be honest, I don't really have a problem with a black American guy who wants to identify with Egypt, Africa, or whatever else the hell he wants to.

If you think about it, it's not really any different from a white American guy who identifies with the Greeks, Romans, Vikings, and English all at the same time because he descended from Europeans. Yet clearly he doesn't have direct ancestry from all (or sometimes any) of those groups.

Great post, but there are likely millions of Americans at this point with lineage back to all of the above. The Viking are the "Normans" that conquered England, it's pretty common for Englishmen to have Viking blood, Greeks and Romans had close relationships and intermarriage for centuries. All you need is someone with both English and Italian ancestry and it's pretty much a given.

Messages In This Thread