rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The best dressed 25 guys in the world @ Lunch

The best dressed 25 guys in the world @ Lunch

Quote: (02-01-2012 01:53 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

You couldn't wear most of that stuff @ a law firm or an investment bank. Especially the sports coats, unless you're the boss. (hollywood is its own universe)

Most people prefer to remain anonymous in their Brooks Brothers, every once in a while somebody bucks the trend with a Canali.

Actually, plenty of law firms have a more lax dress code nowadays, and besides, law and IB comprise a small portion of jobs anyhow. I'd say it's very easy to dress stylishly now without repercussion, at your typical office job - the dress code is dress trousers, leather loafers or lace-ups, dress shirt, coat and tie optional. That permits a great range of high end attire.

Quote:Quote:

And honestly, I don't know how much the Al Bazar look (Lino's spot in Milan) plays with the ladies. Indeed, in Milan (dude in the glen plaid and glen plaid tie), that Al Bazar look stands out, cause most of the Italian business guys are wearing Boggi. (the Italian Brooks Bros/J.Crew)

But they all look pretty damn cool imo.

I like to think that if you hone your style, and make it congruent with your persona, it's like you're building a tractor beam to reel in the chicks who'd dig your personality anyway. Maybe that's not true - chicks who'd dig your personality might not respond to your style. In America at least, chicks have terrible taste, and I wouldn't dream of submitting to their preferences if I disagreed with them.

I really like the Al Bazar style. They seem to really convey a zest for life through their expressions and their clothes. Their use of color is fresh and bold, but not as zany as American/Anglo prep; the colors look more natural and relaxed. And I've always liked a good double breasted jacket.

The other guys seem like artists or creative types - their waifish look doesn't suit most men. My beef with lots of these style icons is that their look just won't work for most men. Most men are probably better off gaining a few pounds of muscle and the tailoring to compliment that.

I'm looking forward to seeing this:

Messages In This Thread