rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Putting Girls Aside and Traveling For The Experience: Peru

Putting Girls Aside and Traveling For The Experience: Peru

My brother and I also did the Inca Trail in 2013. I've also been to Auschwitz and Auschwitz-Birkenau, which is pretty intense. I went to Colombia last year, but didn't do it quite right (terrible travel companion). I would like to do an expedition to Ciuidad Perdida when I got back down there.

Recommendations:

- I think it's worth doing with a guide. We used G Adventures and it was a blast. We got to hike with day packs and they took all our heavy stuff and cooked for us. The hike was intense: we did about 8 hours of mountainous walking over 3 or 4 days and went all the way up to over 15,000 feet. I probably dropped 8 pounds during the trip (of upper-body muscle [Image: dodgy.gif]) We hiked during the day and hung out with the awesome people in our group at night, drinking cheap liquor/beer and generally being silly. Our guide Evert was fantastic (and hilarious).

- We did the Salkantay route of the Inca Trail, which has very few people on it. Machu Picchu is somewhat overcrowded, so this was a great move.

- Secure a permit to hike Huayna Picchu (the picturesque mtn. behind Machu Picchu) before you get there. My one regret.

- Skip the thermal springs at Aguas Calientes. Nothing good about them, and they aren't even caliente.

- Don't put your Machu Picchu photos on your dating apps. Somehow it even works against you.

Messages In This Thread