rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Arabic Language Thread

Arabic Language Thread

Quote: (02-11-2017 06:11 PM)stugatz Wrote:  

Plus, food in Rabat is awful -- was Casablanca better?

Apologize for interfering.

Rabat is the equivalent of Washington DC, an administrative city where most of the government headquarters and embassies are based. Plenty of folks got a bad vibe from it and I can only support that fact. People are weird, and the city is well known for a crazy habit. That is, if you would ask for directions, you'll get the wrong ones and get lost; although that place you're seeking is two blocks away. I call them the psychopaths of the country.

Regarding Casa, it's an hour drive from "sickcity" and has many similarities with LA, you'll spot many palm trees as you're cruising it, and has the best venues in the country along with Marrakech. You can eat for the cheap here, but you only need to spot the hidden gems; and for that purpose you'll have to ask the locals. I strongly recommend the local cuisine as it is well varied, and amongst the top 10 in the world.

Regarding "Darija" or moroccan dialect, it's a tough one to learn and won't be helpful or understood in other parts of the MENA region.The only motive for you to acquire it would be if you're planning to stay on the long term here.

Messages In This Thread