rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How does one deal with a long dry spell? The thrist, mental and physical frustration

How does one deal with a long dry spell? The thrist, mental and physical frustration

Quote: (02-09-2017 05:55 PM)Feldeinsamkeit Wrote:  

Quote: (02-09-2017 05:31 PM)mrman848 Wrote:  

I had dry spell for years in my 20's. Went nuts. Literally.

Put me in hospital. Very high doses of anti depressants. Then i got fat from the side effects.
Lower your standards or throw in the towel.

My advice is probably shit. But just know that it just keeps getting worse until about 2-3years. Then it levels off to a constant misery.
I have never met a guy who could be celebate and live a happy life. Those who do are actually asexual.

How did am i getting through it now? *censored due to forum rules* but this method isnt that great either. You dont form a connection or even get an ego boost.

I wasn't going to contribute to this thread, even though I've been following it closely, but this post resonated too much with me, so here's my two penneth worth: I'm currently on 3 year dry spell (3.5 years if you exclude the ONS that I had 6 months after my last 10 year LTR ended) and I can say that not getting laid in that time, despite getting dates every now and again and desperately trying to pull women off the internet and through social circle game, has truly fucked with my mind in a way that a guy who hasn't gone this long without will probably never understand.

I, too, have had to increase my dosage of anti-depressants in the past month, since I was sinking into far too deep a hole that included having regular suicidal tendencies, but without attempting to act on them, thankfully. The last straw came recently after I'd had a two-hour date off OKC with a girl here who told me that she always hooked up quickly for sex with guys off the internet. When I asked her about meeting up again, she replied, "Sure, but not for sex". After this I went on a real downer which took a whole week to come back from.

Anyway, the biggest issue for me at the moment is that I feel I'm slowly going out of my mind. At the moment I've got my shit together mentally - just about - but I really don't know how much longer I can hold out in this state before something gives. It's more a sense of foreboding but it's getting stronger with every passing day that I want to get laid but can't find a willing woman. I've recently got back into day game of the bookstore/supermarket variety, but other than snarky responses, I haven't had any luck thus far.

One thing that I'm convinced of is the following: A woman can sense acutely when a guy hasn't gotten laid in some time and it quickly becomes a Catch-22 which disqualifies him from getting laid ever again if you find yourself in a longish dry spell.

Is there a university in your town or a nearby town?

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

Messages In This Thread