rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

British Moms going European

British Moms going European

Quote: (01-27-2012 11:48 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Quote: (01-27-2012 10:43 AM)Wizard Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

I know Iowa, I didn't know it was that conservative though. Oh well, at least none of us were born in say... Saudi Arabia
It really depends where exactly you are in Iowa; the smaller towns are a lot less tolerant of this kind of thing, which I mean to say it doesn't stop anyone from having sex, but there is tremendous pressure to get married when someone gets knocked up because most kids aren't smart enough to use a condom.

The bigger cities are a little more liberal about such things, but people getting married young is common. Hell I'm the only one in my family to hit 23 without a kid, or marriage under my belt.

Wow. I've been mulling over the article in the OP, the U.K and Australia are supposed to have really similar attitudes etc. but after talking to a few friends about it we all agree, it would be insane for a mother of a teenager to let their boyfriend or girlfriend sleep over that easily here. It just doesn't happen. I actually remember on the radio a long time ago a mother said she'd done it and everybody was attacking her for it.

It proves that even though two different countries with very similar backgrounds can have markedly different attitudes towards sex.

This is very true, and it's important for someone traveling to realize these rules. A guy going to another country is not going to get anything by being preachy, or bringing his cultural hangups with him.

These kinds of discussions can help give everyone a better insight into the cultural views on sex, and stop them from making any hasty assumptions. For instance, that England, and Australia would be pretty much the same, when in fact you point out there not.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Messages In This Thread