rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tucker Max retires, finds Jesus

Tucker Max retires, finds Jesus

Quote: (01-27-2012 12:32 AM)Brian Wrote:  

I used to read his stuff way back before the books and I think his family had some restaurants in FL that were making some cheese. Could be way off on that, but seem to recall it. Wouldnt be surprised if he made a little coin doing appearance fees here and there. Hell, Snooki gets 20k so show up somewhere. But after agents, taxes, etc that can dwindle. The article did say he's living in Austin now, which is pretty cheap. Not like he's paying 20k a month for a house in the Hollywood Hills. I'd bet he's got a comfy little nest egg stashed away, but not enough to retire and live off the interest happily ever after.

Yeah, his father does own a restaurant in Boca Raton.

No one is saying the kid didn't come from money. I am sure his dad fitted the law school bill.

Comparing him to Snooki on the appearance fees is a poor comparison.

I just checked. Snooki has 4 million + twitter followers.

Tucker has 200,000.

Snooki is a household name.

Outside of the flag football/fantasy football crowd, no one even knows who Tucker is.

I guarantee none of my friends have even heard of the guy.

The only reason I know of the guy is because of my stint with the publishing world.

As far as the "nest egg", maybe.

When have you heard about the guy taking a trip to London? Paris? Estonia?

Granted, the cat is a typical "stay at home" American jack*ss, but I have never read one thing about guy that even suggests he has 2 nickels to rub together.

Ever heard of him buying a house? A car? Investing in a biz?

Sure he might be some incredibly frugal guy.

But bottom line, Tucker Max, Inc. is negative 4-5 million dollars.

Quote: (01-27-2012 07:51 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

G: How about his short-run MTV show?

Quote:Quote:

7k for his first book that sold 1.6 million was probably all he saw.

Well he met the advance so I'm sure he's getting nice royalties from that.

If you look at Tucker's page, he isn't selling any products on his own besides a $5 shot glass. He's going through middleman (book publishers) which take a big chunk of the proceeds. In other words, he has chosen celebrity over money. It is telling than in his choice, which has led to banging hundreds of women, he is unhappy and seeing a shrink. That tells me that money should be sought out first. I listen to rap... I already suspected this.

What I'm surprised most is his low production. What was he doing all those years to only write 2 books? I have no doubt that he has been approached numerous times by businessmen with potential ideas. It looks like he's leaving a lot of opportunity on the table. I'm not saying he should have cashed out, but he didn't keep himself busy at the height of his fame, which probably won't be topped.

I know nothing of his MTV show.

I do know how those MTV shows pay very little to reality stars. Even less to writers when they start out.

To keep with the Jersey shore theme, I think those people were paid like 5-8k per episode, at most, for the first season.

Well he met the advance so I'm sure he's getting nice royalties from that.

You don't get backend on a first book deal. Not as an unknown author.

What I'm surprised most is his low production.

Yeah, that movie killed a lot of those years.

And again, he caught a brick.

Messages In This Thread