rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wall Street > Main Street (Real Talk)

Wall Street > Main Street (Real Talk)

I posted my story elsewhere on here. I have worked damn hard in a "blue collar" job... working more hours in a week than any banker likely ever has. Being involved in high finance is harder work, period. You have to be both smart and driven. Anyone can swing a hammer, teach etc. In finance, if you suck you get fired, if you have a bad year, you get fired, if your results are only okay you get a shitty bonus. The comment about working hard =/= being productive is true, but not on wall street. If you are unproductive and just turn the wheels, your performance will be lacking and you will be fired.

The best minds in the world are trying to get these jobs. You go to HBS, Wharton, Chicago, MIT Sloan and ask who the smartest dudes in the graduating class are, the response will unequivocally be the dudes going into I-Banking, Private Equity, Hedge Funds and trading jobs.

The comment about bailouts is a bit selective no? Didnt the UAW get all the american automakers bailed out? And the auto industry in america is shit. Ford, GM, and Chrysler are garbage. They should have been left to fail if you think that wall street should have been left to fail.

Messages In This Thread