rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dusseldorf, Germany

Dusseldorf, Germany

Quote: (01-24-2012 06:46 PM)americanInEurope Wrote:  

Quote: (01-24-2012 03:10 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Quote: (01-24-2012 02:17 PM)americanInEurope Wrote:  

Quote: (01-24-2012 01:22 PM)Bill Wrote:  

You can not have both passports.

Not true. There are lots of Germans living in Germany that are citizens of two countries.

phrasing wikipedia
Turks_in_Germany#Citizenship

not 100 percent clear an im not gonna go reading through law books.but for turks anyone between the years 18 and 23 you have to decide which citizenship you want?

so i assume anyone born before 1990 cant have dual citizenship? everyone else is grandfathered in?

citizens of the EU and switzerland can have dual citizenship though

Yeah that's right too, but I do remember meeting some people who were able to work in both countries. I don't know maybe I got it wrong. But anyway, it still doesn't stop an enormous flow of money into the country from German born Turks, and Germans see that as a huge problem and is probably the biggest cockblock in letting Turkey in the EU.

A turk with a german passport isn´t allowed to have a turkish passport because of the german law. But Turkey gives their former citizens almost all of their past rights.

No, the reason why Turkey is not in the EU is that the turkish/islam culture doesn´t fit in to the european culture.

Messages In This Thread