rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How resurgent libertarianism sprung from a lack of masculinity.

How resurgent libertarianism sprung from a lack of masculinity.

Your OP is a good post, and I do get the patriarchal perspective you present. But...

Why are you so concerned with labels? "Libertarian" or simply "conservative" are labels you are placing on groups of people. I'm not against labels, but labels should never define the individual.

Your principles should drive the type of people/group you associate and empathize with, not vice versa. What liberals tend to do is group up and say we like this guy or that guy and hate these people or love those people because they're with or against us. The beauty of the Right is we don't make it about identity with group(s). It's about ideas and principles.

The rise of the libertarian movement (Is it a resurgence? I didn't know it had surged before?) spoke more to the state of the two party system than it does about libertarianism. The same driving force that caused the libertarian movement is what caused Trump to be elected.

In the 80s if you were an anarchist you sided with the left. That same person now is alt-right. The person hasn't changed, the culture and political parties have. (there's a quote behind this but I can't remember it.

Don't get too caught up in labels. I do get more annoyed with libertarians who say right or left doesn't matter it's about the conversation than I do with straight up hard-line republicans. That I can agree on.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Messages In This Thread