rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ankle Mobility & Dorsiflexion

Ankle Mobility & Dorsiflexion

@Armogan,

thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate your input.

I hear you on taking it slow, I don't plan to run on it anytime soon; the most I'll be doing until at least 12 weeks post-op is stretching, PT, walking, and yoga.

I was using the "8 week return to sports" time as an illustration of what the study indicated these athletes had accomplished and what that could mean for someone not needing to perform at that high of a level. I'm not an elite athlete and under no illusions that I have the physical capacity of one. I also realize that collegiate/professional athletes are rushed back into the game prematurely to get the wins and rehabbing the damage can be done in the off-season.

Good idea on the light jump roping. I had originally planned to leave jogging for later as well. Honestly, I'm kind of over running (used to do marathons) so it's doubtful I'll ever do anything other than short sprints for conditioning.

It's interesting your docs had that opinion, my radiologist is a top guy in a western state resort town (skiing, mountain biking, climbing) so he's seen a lot of these things. Same for the orthopedic surgeon, he's been at the university orthopedic center for years and also works with the US Ski Team. But sometimes there are no clear answers in medicine. FWIW, I've no pain from the procedure itself nor are the screws bothering me, even in cold showers and the sub-20 degree weather we've had here lately.

I'll load the "Ankle Thingy" exercise into my routine as well. Thanks.

"Okay (and I'm laughing now, because this is so funny), so we're A) not supposed to give you flowers, B) pay you compliments, or C) look at you. Anything else? Because I'm struggling to figure out the reason why after hearing that, I'm feeling like I'd rather get fucked in the ass by a Cape Buffalo than ever have to sit through dinner with you. Maybe you can figure it out for me. When you do, let me know. I'll be at Natasha's house."

Messages In This Thread