rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Man in the High Castle is Awesome

The Man in the High Castle is Awesome

Quote: (12-22-2016 09:22 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

But I would like to disagree with the end-result - what the globalist elite have in store for us will if succeeded BE MUCH MORE TERRIFYING AND STYFLING THAN WHAT THE NAZIS PLANNED.

Eh, I cannot agree on that. As a racial inferior, I don't think that anything the Nazis had in store for me, my family, and my culture would be better than the world we currently live in.

In the current timeline, I'm largely free to go where I please, make as great a living as anyone else, marry/date who I please, make friends with whomever I please, spend my money where I please, and enjoy relatively few limits on my expression, mobility, etc. I am free to enjoy a standard of living as good as any of my peers (regardless of their race) and I have opportunities comparable to them to.

In the world the Nazis had planned, I'm probably one step away from a slave. Best case scenario is that I show enough promise to become some sort of puppet colonial administrator/military officer bowing to Nazis everyday for the sake of my livelihood and survival, reporting to some "racially pure" admin from Berlin whose talents may be limited and whose only real advantage over me may be his ancestry. If I dare to deviate from any of Germania's strict commands regarding conduct and racial purity, I risk my livelihood and life. My standard of living is nowhere near comparable to that of an Aryan or Japanese, whose race alone would put them above me by default regardless of how much capability I prove myself to have.

Worst case scenario (aside from death or sterilization, which were both possible but less likely) is that I'm drafted into some colonial foreign legion and used as cannon fodder, or forced into the vast pool of labor used to uplift the Reich with no chance to really fully enjoy the products of my work (the Nazis in occupied Europe and North America will be the consumers who benefit, and not a one of them will look like me).

Actually, since my parents met in the United States as immigrants from the developing world, there's a good chance I wouldn't exist in a Nazi-run timeline - they would have never left the Caribbean and, assuming they weren't killed by their new Nazi overlords there, they probably would have stayed on their separate islands and never crossed paths. In real life, I was born in New York and have spent most of my existence in the American Northeast. In this timeline, I'd never get to see those places.

All of that is far more terrifying to me than the world we live in. I don't like far-left globalism/regressive leftism/political correctness any more than you lot, but I'm not going to fool myself - I'd rather globalists than Nazis. This show makes me appreciate allied victory even more than I already did, because it illustrates just how much I (and most of the world's people of color) could've lost. We'd be totally fucked in that timeline.

If you're Germanic or Japanese, then perhaps it's a different story. This alternate timeline is a much happier one for you than it would have been for me.

Quote: (12-22-2016 12:46 PM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

Excelsior,

With regard to feminism and counter culture coming to the Reich, sure there would be some rebellion and change, but realize that counter-culture and feminism didn't happen naturally in the Western World. It was subverted by the CIA and Communists and actively shaped so as to become a tool to control society and eventually gain more Government power.

This would not happen in the Reich. For starters, the Reich is already a Totalitarian state that uses the brute force Totalitarianism of "1984". Feminism/Counter-Culture/Social Marxism is Totalitarianism of the "Brave New World" variety.

The Reich is totalitarian, but the generation that built that apparatus and has the greatest commitment to its maintenance is not going to live forever. Their children (who are the ones with the more liberal perspectives) are going to come of age and gain control of that apparatus, and that's when you start seeing real changes. They will spend their entire youth criticizing their parents and coming up with new ideas regarding how to do differently when it's "their turn" (as Nicole says); then they'll gain control and put a lot of those ideas into action, perhaps with influence from thinkers who still exist in the free world (remember that plenty of people are living outside of Reich/Empire control and their music, culture, and ideas are filtering in and being consumed by the youth). The subversives in this universe, just like those in our timelines (read: hippie boomers), are going to come largely from within the society itself, and they'll do most of the damage to the established structure.

The Reich after the death of Himmler and the rest of his generation is going to be a different place. Not our kind of place, but very different nonetheless.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Messages In This Thread