rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Soft next - what went wrong?

Soft next - what went wrong?

I’ve been seeing this girl who's 22 years old, ten years my junior, for the last few months, though we live in different cities. Started getting questions from where it was going to if I was seeing anyone else.

Generally, she’s prone to drama (which, so far, I mitigated OK) and is very emotional girl (which girl isn't?). Last time she came to visit me, she was perusing her phone way too much when we went out to a Christmas market. Felt like I was competing for an attention with her phone big time, so I firmly told her to put her phone away. She got offended, blew things out of proportion, started sulking, not talking, walking away like a little child, etc.

Instead of calling a cab, taking her home, making her pack her stuff and kick her out, I tried to reason with her and be rational about it. The more I tried, the more irrelevant stuff she’d bring and make silly arguments to the point she said half-crying “I don’t want to be here”. I stopped paying attention to her from then on and walked ahead of her. Regardless, situation didn’t improve, we went home, she packed her stuff, and left for her city.

Then, she sent me a long text msg at two in the morning after the incident, indirectly apologising. Alas, days later she’d keep asking where all this was going, so I gave in and replied “I want you to be my girl.” She took half a day to respond, pulled back a bit and replied we should slow down because she was afraid she might get too attached. Didn't reply to that. We had tentative Nye plans, yet it transpired she’d prefer to go to Paris with her gay friend . Made a mistake, instead of pulling back as hard as I could, argued about it - she offered I could join her and her friend but declined to 'tag along'. A day later I realised I was getting way too invested and it showed big time.

Hence, initiated a soft next, planning to re-initiate a week later. To my surprise, what followed from the next day was her:

day 1: msg me: “I get it”,
day 2: text me asking if I was ok,
day 3: call me, then facebook msg a broken heart,
day 4: contact a mutual friend to tell me she couldn’t get hold of me,
day 5: call me again,
day 6: facebook msg a video link to a romantic song.

A full week passed, hence re-initated contact with her as planned, and messaged her it was a nice song and that I saw she called me. Now it’s been a week and haven’t heard back at all.

Ideas?

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

Messages In This Thread