rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Visa issues for Colombians visiting USA

Visa issues for Colombians visiting USA

Quick backstory: Met a chick in Bogota over the summer when I was vacationing for a couple of weeks, stayed in touch, vacationed with her again in San Andres Island in December, had a blast, etc. It's a very casual, "open" relationship, but she's super cool and I'd certainly like to hang with her again.

Now she wants to visit me in the states in April when I'll be spending some time in Miami. Here's the issue: she's been denied twice a tourist visa by the embassy in Bogota, with the last rejection about four months ago. Every other family member of hers has been successful in obtaining a tourist visa to the USA, but she keeps getting rejected for no clear reason.

Here are some facts related to her situation:
-22 years old, currently enrolled in university
-Comes from a stratus 6 neighborhood
-Employed by her family company
-Has property in her name (through a family trust setup - I'm not sure on the specifics)

Basically she meets all of the criteria that *I* (not an expert) think would be viewed favorably by the embassy.

Now that she'll be applying again for a third time, can any of you guys provide any guidance in this area? Common mistakes or pitfalls that may be getting her application red flagged?

Messages In This Thread