rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities

Census Bureau: majority of American babies born are now minorities

Quote: (12-08-2016 03:47 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

I understand your issues. My sister and her husband paid 1.1 million for their house in Maryland and the public schools in that neighborhood are fucking amazing. Small classes , pristine campus, dedicated teachers, zero violence, and sky high test scores.

My brother had to do the same. Thankfully, Florida at the time had less expensive real estate than Maryland (where he was living before). The house still kills him though... the HOA has specific demands on the type of roofing to be used, which jacks up the new roof cost to $50k+. My brother is trying to figure out how to pay for it. I feel his pain.. I did a tear off a year and a half ago that set me back $23k.

He had to move into this area. There is a set of super-smart genes that run in the male side of the family (my uncle had the gift). It skipped my brother and I, but landed on one of my brother's kids. He can't go to a normal public school (he is about 13 and taking college level courses now in math and science).

Luckily for my brother, the demographics in the area clustered a lot of kids like my nephew within the school district. My nephew ended up in a magnet school with a bunch of kids at or near the same level as he is. Before that, he was really struggling in normal public school because he just didn't fit in.

No such school would exist if he was in a more affordable area.

Messages In This Thread