rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

6 Years in Germany - From the perspective of a black guy
Years in Germany - From the perspective of a black guy
Quote: (11-19-2016 01:45 PM)KingTut Wrote:  

******I get around this problem by not rolling up with other blacks*********
As a brother, I find this comment very "interesting".
I have spent time in Europe: Paris, Berlin and Prague. I have Africans and African Americans friends. All well-educated professionals. We did well. We did not have to parse the whole African/African American label, because each one of us was solid individually.
You know what we had in common? The pride in who we are and the "cool" factor. "Walk like you belong", was our motto.
The problem is trying too hard to fit in and seeing yourself through other ll eyes. First the insecurity sets in, then you start questioning your being and people who look like you or whom you might be associated with.

Hmm so you have been to Paris, Berlin and Prague...and you think you have enough knowledge of Germany to give a lesson of "pride" and "embrace yourself and be a real man" to the opener????

What he says has nothing to do with pride, you have been to big cities famous Worldwide, go to a smaller city in these same countries, especially in Germany, and you'll see indeed if Jürgen the bouncer gives a shit about you being an educated well dressed and cool professional, all they see is a black guy and believe me in their mind it's not even the word black if you see what I mean.

I spent time in Berlin and in smaller cities, Berlin is an exception in Germany in terms of coolness and openness, actually many germans themselves say that Berlin is almost not Germany.

We aren't here to judge each other or give lessons, we try to give useful info and share our experiences, the op with his 6 years on the ground has probably more experience than you about the "real" Germany, just respect that. He doesn't seem ashamed or trying to fit at all costs in the "white society", just smart enough to find ways to get what he wants.

If we all start having these judgemental attitudes people will think twice before making datasheets, just saying...

Messages In This Thread