rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

French feminists making war on language

French feminists making war on language

Quote: (01-16-2012 02:40 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

When I was in college, I had this really feminist professor for one of my philosophy classes. On the cover of one of my essays, I listed her name with "Mrs". She crossed out the "r" with a big red X even though she was married. Luckily she didn't mark my grade down.

I had the following (paraphrased) exchange with my last LTR. It was hypothetical to the extreme because I had made clear I would never get married. She started to bring it up more and more as more of her aging friends were taking the plunge. I indulged the conversation here and there:

Girl: [if we got married] I wouldn't change my name.
Tuthmosis: Is that right? Why not?
Girl: For one, I kinda like my name. And, it's too much of a hassle--with all of the paperwork and process for a name change. Plus it's expensive. I'd use your name, but I wouldn't change it officially. That's what Julia [her friend] is doing.
Tuthmosis: Yeah, I understand. I guess it's too much of an inconvenience and expense to change my marital status too. I kind of like my marital status. You can just pretend we're married.

That shut her the fuck up. She was pretty cool otherwise (which is why I LTR'd her for a while), but it's amazing how much these bitches want to a-la-carte the parts of marriage they want and leave behind the ones they don't. We already gave up young, virginal brides. That's already an enormous compromise. Think about everything given up since.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread