rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Romney or Santorum?

Romney or Santorum?

Quote:Quote:

Paul makes me super nervous...

He rejects Keynesian economics -look up what Paul Krugman thinks of him - Krugman has been right on just about everything on the economy in last ten years, while Paul has been wrong.

A rejection of Keynsian economics shouldn't make you nervous. Why the loyalty to that particular economic model? In my mind, when the mechanations are studied, that model serves one master: the concentration of wealth at the top - fueled by enver ending growth (inflation, immigration, births, credit, etc. - all interrelated mechanisms for growth).

I feel that your last statement is too broad to be accurate. Also, being 'incorrect' in the face of a litany of never-ending economic band-aids doesn't quite count. It's the end result that matters, when all stalling tactics are exhausted. Paul has been correct in predicting much of the previous impending economic disasters based on the fact that they eschew the basic economic prinnciple of frugality and balance. But that's the ultimate problem with Keynsian economics, no? It's a system that depends on constant growth and spending to stay healthy. When one accepts that reality, other government behaviors become more clear: such as the de-facto promotion of open borders, the need for the military-industrial complex to do well for the economy to do well, and the allowance of the mortgage crisis - which, in retrospect, seems like a last ditch move to squeeze the credit of the middle class to filter the wealth to the top - sort of like squeezing a lemon one last time, very hard, to get the last drops of juice before the famine.

Keynsian economics is akin to a societal cancer. The society needs to grow and spend, not save, to survive. Inherently, that's an unhealthy system for a sane, peaceful, and lasting society. Additionally, the inherent and required inflation in this model is a built in self-destruct program.

I'm not an economics man, and a lot of my perspective comes from knowing some basic principles of various models and thinking them out to their logical outcomes. I'm ready to be corrected byt those legitimately more knowledgable on the subject, but as far as I know I'm basically correct.

Messages In This Thread