rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santiago, DR adventures

Santiago, DR adventures

Understand something about Dominican racism, and racism throughout Latin America (at least in my experience).

In general, racism in these countries tend to be focused on the blacks FROM THEIR OWN COUNTRY. As a black American, I am almost always seen as an American first. The result of this is that a chick who doesn't normally hang out with Dark/Black Dominicans (or worse, Haitians) may have no problem hanging out with a brotha from the US or Europe.

The white Dominicana I hung out with absolutely HATED Haitians. She thought lots of the really dark Dominicans were ghetto too, but she had ZERO problem hanging out with me and taking me to bars, clubs and restaurants to meet her friends. Honestly, I had to drop her because she got TOO fucking clingy. The same shit happens in BOTH Colombia and Costa Rica. I had a cab driver rip on black Costa Ricans while I am in the car, then give me his daughter's number because he thought she would like me.

No offense to Sly, but for any brotha reading this, NEVER trust anything NEGATIVE a white person says about black people's ability to pull in a particular country. I have heard the same bullshit for EVERY SINGLE country I have gone to. Some white "friend" tries to tell me how much harder it would be for a black guy to pull. I have NEVER seen that to be the case.

In fact, let me give one little observation from my experience over the past 5 or 6 years traveling to several Latin American countries. I don't know why this is the case, but for whatever reason, I have vastly more success with really white/light Latinas than medium or darker complexion Latinas. Again, I have no idea why. I cannot say that the same thing happens to other brothas, though. Then again, there simply are not a whole lot of other American or European black dudes who are fluent/proficient in Spanish that I see when I travel.

You want to hear something crazier? The absolute worst luck I have when gaming in Latin America is with dark/black Latinas. I have been shot down by dark skinned/black Latinas more than any other group. Hell, looking back on it, I MIGHT have even had more success with white college girls in the US than dark Latinas.

There is a good chance that it is me causing this response. Maybe I am giving off some vibe to dark Latinas that turns them off. It could be that I am just not paying attention to them, in large part because it is so easy to pull fine black women in the US that I don't bother when I am abroad. It could be some skin tone self consciousness among the girls. I have no idea.

Messages In This Thread