rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Salsa/Bachata classes, which style?

Salsa/Bachata classes, which style?

^^ It's not only that serious dancers are old, it's that even the younger girls sometimes are just plain ugly, except for some of the Asians. Think about it... why is that?

In a megalopolis like NYC, pretty girls don't have to 'work' to get male attention. There are so many other opportunities to meet men and have different social circles, that the quality of young girl that takes up dancing as an obsession doesn't have many choices available to her. The exceptions are FOB Asians who struggle to break through in regular social circles due to cultural and language difficulties. Some of them can be cute.

Meanwhile, if you go dance salsa in smaller towns, sometimes a little Wednesday Latin night that attracts like 30 people is the highlight of their week, socially. You can find some decent girls there, sometimes. It's very hit or miss.

But yes, midtown Manhattan is usually where you'll find the ugly, serious dancers. I haven't ventured to too many of the different boroughs yet to see what they're like, on regular non-serious nights. However, here's one tip for nights like that:

For your first few dances, dance with an older lady. Like 45+. Basically, a woman you're clearly not going to bang. This gets eyes on you and is very disarming. It's also a test of how good of a dancer you are. It plays into some of their fantasies. If he can entertain that old lady, maybe he can entertain me in my old age.......?

Just finding those legit Latin nights is a little harder, because hardcore dancers won't share those events. Those type of events are 'beneath them.'

Messages In This Thread