rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Salsa/Bachata classes, which style?

Salsa/Bachata classes, which style?

I would say sensual bachata is definitely spreading faster than kizomba. But, again, it depends city to city. I can only speak to what I know... the kizomba scene here in the East Coast and NYC is much smaller. However, I don't know much about its popularity in Europe, FSU. I do think it is growing. Bachata, however, I know is huge in Spain and France at the very least. That couple I showed you is Spanish, and they are the major proponents of that brand of 'sensual bachata.'

Honestly if the music calls your attention and you like the dance, go for it. Whether a dance looks impressive is deceiving, it's about how the dance feels... and kizomba is a lot more relaxing than bachata. In fact from watching a few kizomba videos it has renewed my interest in it, jeje, maybe I will join you in your quest.

Long story short, go out in your city and see what's more popular. These scenes move through facebook a lot, meaning, all events are posted there for pretty much all cities. Find the best places in your city. When you know your city well, travel around and go to different kizomba/bachata nights, make some friends, ask them a bit more about those areas. You can even 'cold call' people from different cities on facebook through private messaging, IF they are visible in their scene and share their stuff... they can direct you to the right pages and links in their scene.

Once you get good enough, if you have cash, you can go to the numerous congresses and festivals dedicated to kizomba and/or bachata, and sometimes do a decent job there of finding girls. But again, you have to get really good, and at least there, you're sure to find a lot of people who love kizomba or bachata.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/la-epoca/ar...880971626/

Quote:Quote:

Are Salsa/Bachata/Kizomba festivals really "sex festivals" under the guise of dancing and music and fun? According to several females - all of whom got pregnant while attending the same summer dance festival in Croatia just recently - they are. Not everyone sees it this way, so it depends on the experience of each person.

Just to reiterate, again... you have to get really fucking good to take advantage of that, like, instructor level.

Sorry I can't be of more help in FSU and Europe for kiz.

Messages In This Thread