rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it wrong to want a serious girlfriend over being a player while still in college?

Is it wrong to want a serious girlfriend over being a player while still in college?

These are thoughts I've been having since the school year started a couple months ago. Feel free to roast me, I need some outside opinions.

I turned 21 the week of finals last semester. Summer break was uneventful living back at home. Now I'm finally back on campus for my last year. Legally able to hit up the clubs and bars, I've been enjoying going out with my friends every weekend, meeting new people, running game on women, etc. Sure, it's great and I have a blast.

I've been talking to different attractive women, matching on Tinder, meeting at bars, who want sex. For example, literally this whole weekend this girl has been wanting to meet up at the end of both drunken nights and dropping obvious hints at what she wants to do.

But if I'm being honest with myself, I'm just not into women who have been pumped and dumped numerous times. It's unattractive. I don't wanna be Dick #27 for some basic bitch named Carly all for one night, only to have to go through the same moves another night with somebody else. So I don't go through with it, I make excuses, I push away. Nothing to do with nerves even, I just don't want to.

Being in college, 21, time of my life, young wild and free and all that, I legitimately desire a steady girl. As goofy as that is. Which is hard to find in the going-out scene on campus. And at the end of the night, especially Sunday mornings such as this one, I'm reminded that I don't have one. Loneliness kicks in.

I spent September with a girl and October single. It's odd because I enjoyed September far more than October. You'd think I'd enjoy being single more; the cuffs removed, nothing holding me back, but the romantic loneliness and lack of intimacy makes me bitter and frustrated. This is something I never thought I'd worry about until my 30's maybe, but these feelings have been hitting me like a freight train this whole month.

Winter is coming too. Last Winter was the loneliest I've ever been in my life. But, I didn't have as many opportunities to go out. Of course now that I'm 21 and have more going-out friends and all that, I'll still be out.

But from Halloween to Spring Break, which is half the school year, man I tell you what. Regardless if I do or don't go out. Those -20 degree nights are when the loneliness hits hard. When I'd rather stay in, in a warm room and watch a bullshit movie with a girl whom I share an emotional connection with and have sex when the movie gets dull. Fuck I miss that. I'd think about that while I wait in line freezing my ass off to get into a club or party just to play the game once again on throwaway women. I never believed in Winter depression until last year, and I don't want to go back to the same routine again.

Again, these are just thoughts I've been having that I needed to dump somewhere. Critique me as necessary, but I'd never be anything but honest about how I feel. I'm still new to game. Maybe I just need to go out more and take a couple for the team to get over this.

Messages In This Thread