rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Valencia, Spain, Summer Datasheet + Trip Report - by Napoleon

Valencia, Spain, Summer Datasheet + Trip Report - by Napoleon

Just a few comments after your exhaustingly detailed datas heet - excellent stuff and you actually mentioned a few places I was unaware of. Valencia is one of my favorite 2nd tier cities in Spain and I've spent several months there in the past. My 2 cents:

1) Lack of English - yes, it is shocking. In almost any other place in Europe you will find at least some basic knowledge of English among young people (i.e. under 25 years of age). The educational system in Spain seems to be completely lacking on that front which is mind boggling given the ongoing economic crisis and the fact that youth unemployment is near 50%. I know a few Spanish guys in VLC who study business and they do not speak any English! So if you're find yourself in Spain and intend to place your Spanish flag then you better bulk up on the language and that pronto.

2) Weird choices Spanish girls make when it comes to boyfriends or ONS. This is something that completely stunned me when I arrived in Spain and I don't think it's a phenomenon unique to Valencia. Girls have different criteria in Spain and the game there is completely different than abroad almost anywhere I have been in my life. Women like to talk - a LOT - I mean for hours and hours. Spanish guys are very social and the group dynamics there create pretty tight nit communities where people go out in groups and guys are heavily social proved. You see those guys all the time sitting in some plaza with some girls chewing her ear off for hours on end without anything happening - they just talk and talk. I mean I'm an old dog now but back in the days I gave a girl on average two hours and if there wasn't any kissing or at least close personal contact I'd ditch that bitch and move on. Not in Spain - the country is full of beta wimps called 'pagafantas' - which literally means 'guy who pays for a Fanta'. You SA guys may know what a Fanta is - it's an orange lemonade soda drink - not sold in the U.S. as far as I remember. Popular in Europe though.

Anyway, as Spain is filled to the brim with pagafantas (or calzonazos) the girls are calling the shots in almost every respect. I have seen the most butch tatted up bros follow around some skinny bossy bitch with glasses and fake tits like their poodles. As soon as a girl shows up anywhere guys usually drop everything they do and are at her beckon call. You could strike it up to just being friendly but to me it seems that the concept of 'game' (or 'parla' in Spanish) is unknown to the average Spaniard. What they are doing right is that they treat women pretty casually and like 'one of the guys' - they don't really suck up to them. Where they completely fail however is that they are unable to make a move and it's usually the girls who initiate any sexual interaction. So here you the 'guiri' show up being all confident, horny, slightly inebriated, and ready to roll - for them that's just strange since you just haven't gone through the extensive social vetting process they have in place. Plus you mispronounced a word and that made them giggle and walk away. Be prepared - Spanish girls can be rude as shit when they're not interested but especially when they are around their girl friends. Odds are that a Spanish girl will shoot you down for being a guiri - just because it's expected in her social cycle. And yes, Spanish guys are the biggest cock blockers you will ever meet. They are great guys - don't get me wrong - you can make the best friends there. But when it comes to their women they are just weird.

Of course all that only applies to local Spanish women - if they themselves travel anywhere they turn into the biggest sluts are ready to roll at a moment's notice. So my tip is you guys ask a girl where she's from. If she's local forget about it - if she's from another city for a visit then you've got a crack. Assuming you speak Spanish - although your mileage may vary if you're a skilled operator or look as handsome as me ;-)

I may however also point out that there is a certain element of xenophobia present in Spain. Meaning there is some part of the population that absolutely hates guiris and will treat you like shit no matter how cool/hot/eloquent you are. I'm a bit older now but I've continuously pulled above my league throughout my life in many countries with all sorts of women - white, asian, black, mixed - girls usually notice me and treat me well. But come to Spain and you quickly run into some fat ugly career waitress who's never left her county and which treats you like you just crawled out of some sewer. Happened a few times actually and it was rather sobering - in some ways refreshing as I wasn't used to that. Anyway, if it happens to you, don't let it get to you because it's not about you, it's that some Spanish seem to have made shitty experiences with foreigners and also they don't expect to ever see you again, so they don't even try to be friendly.

And on the other side of the spectrum you are equally like to run into some tall long legged Spanish beauty with raven black hair and a smile that makes your heart melt, no attitude, super sweet, and happy to chat and perhaps even show you around. So when you see one of those stunners on the street take any excuse to talk to them. Some of them are surprisingly receptive.

Coming back to the weird choices that Spanish women make. They are shitty ONS and more work than they're worth really, you're better off hooking up with one of the countless tourist skanks ready for action. BUT Spanish women make great long term relationships and that is what most of them are looking for, not all of them, but most. Spanish women seem to have an extra developed nesting instinct and it seems that they don't lose much time in picking a candidate for life. Meaning they come out of college/university and quite often have met their future husband right there or during their studies. It's actually a very positive thing I have observed in Spain and stands in stark contrast with the whole dating game observed in the U.S.

Be however warned that some Spanish women turn out to be horrible witches. A few years ago there was a lot of hoopla about women falsely accusing their husbands and boyfriends, which led to them being arrested and thrown in jail for a few days. They usually instantly lost all visitation rights and were not allowed to return home. A lot of Spanish families were destroyed this way and eventually it led to some push back. I'm not sure if the situation has changed much as I'm not that up to date but if you're pining on marrying some skinny Spanish girl with glasses and big tits then you may look under the hood first.

3) Noise - Valencia was one of the noisiest places on earth I have ever visited. So if you actually plan on sleeping I strongly recommend you bring a set of ear plugs.

4) Do not tip. The Spanish do not tip either and thus it's not expected. One of the things I always loved about Spain! Yes, I'm a cheap bastard.

5) Hit the gym like a mad monkey before you come to VLC. The OP is right - a lot of guys are in great shape and know how to dress. If you are blond and have blue eyes it will attract especially the attention of many of the SA chicks who moved to Spain - who are more fun and easier to lay. The Spanish girl seem to prefer dark types which surprised me actually. Either way - to stand out you need to be in top notch shape because a lot of young guys are unemployed and practically live at the gym, meaning they train two hours six times per week.

6) Dress more conservatively (as the heat permits). Do not dress in short pants at night if you can avoid it. Now if it's August and 30 Celsius at night you're not expected to show up in a suit of course. But be aware that the Spanish are pretty conservative people and they dress accordingly. Buttoned shirt and classy long pants is a must below 25 Celsius - and NO SANDALS!!

7) Smile a lot. Spanish are friendly people and they actually run into a lot of grumpy tourists. Exhibit class, good manners, and curiosity about their culture and you are in.

8) Prostitution is extremely cheap in Spain and the quality of the talent is high. Don't ask how I know but if that's your game then you will find Spain a paradise.

I hope this helps.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Messages In This Thread