rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

UberPool

UberPool

Quote: (03-28-2016 06:37 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

So every time I go to use Uber, it tries to force me to use UberPool. I think to myself "Oh cool, I get to share the car with someone, save $3, and not be able to sit in the back and be a douche on my cellphone blabbing away, and the ride is going to be longer. Fuck that." So I pay the extra few bucks and never take it.

So... today I fucked up when I was punching in my stuff and apparently ended up selecting UberPool. To my chagrin, I was randomly paired with a hot chick who lives in my neighborhood. I jump into the car, blabbing away on my cellphone, take one look at her and say "who the fuck are you, and why are you in my Uber?", with a grin. "Oh, this is that pool shit." She responds, laughing: "if you Uber with me, it saves me a few bucks. I go to college around here and didn't feel like taking public transportation... what do you do?"

From there, we end up flirting the whole way home and I pull digits.

I'm thinking UberPool might be a good way to save money and meet chicks...

I don't know why it is, but Lyft is even better for that - at least in the San Francisco area. And it seemed to me the ones likely to use this feature were also less likely to be in committed relationships - obviously nothing scientific here, but a definite trend I've noticed. Maybe if they have a boyfriend they're more likely to ride with him or at least let him pay for their solo ride.

Lyft Line is the same idea as Uber Pool, but Lyft isn't as widespread so you may not get to try this. I generally prefer Lyft when there is a surge on Uber as the prices are a bit lower anyway.

When I use Uber Pool, I've often got paired with young business guys who happen to be in the same industry (yes, software), so that's also led to a couple of good contacts (to and from the airport, go figure).

If you are not in a super hurry either one is a good option.

Messages In This Thread