rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Question about MMA for beginners

Question about MMA for beginners

Hey guys,

I got into boxing this summer (around late June) and transitioned into MMA in September. It's easily one of the most brutal and physically demanding sports I've ever tried. I'm currently going about twice a week (Monday and Wednesday) and it's still fucking me up, as in I'm very sore afterward. I want to transition into going three times a week, since I enjoy it and want to get better at it, but I'm unsure as to whether this is a safe thing to do. I'm only twenty and have already had some mild back problems, and I'm really not trying to burn myself out or unnecessarily injure myself. At the same time, though, I recognize that I'm only going to get better if I put in more work.

Is twice a week enough for a beginner, or should I bite the bullet and go for three times a week? Or alternatively, should I spend a couple months at twice a week and ease into a higher volume of training sessions?

Messages In This Thread