rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

San Diego, Los Angeles or Miami

San Diego, Los Angeles or Miami

Quote: (01-11-2012 03:14 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Man, this is tough. I've been to all three cities and live in one. Miami(Miami Beach specifically) is best for quality of girls. But even in my limited time spent there, I can really see Miami getting old quick. If the job is only for a year and your main emphasis is hotties, than Miami takes the cake. If it's for longer term, than I think Socal becomes a better option. Between LA and SD, I'd probably go with SD. I think both have plenty of good looking women. What I get sick of with LA is having a one hour round-trip on the freeway minimum if you want to do ANYTHING. Even just to meet a friend for lunch. Sometimes I just want to say fuck it all, sell my shit, and move to a "real" city.

Thing is, Florida sucks shit as a state. Other than Miami Beach, what else is there? Disneyworld? California is just a really cool state overall, almost a country within a country. Which I'm sure you know if you lived here.

So...if your gig is less than a year or two, Miami. If longer, San Diego. I think San Diego(and maybe even LA) is harder to get sick of over time than Miami.

Nice. You presented the flip side to that coin like De Niro did Pacino during that infamous restaurant scene in the movie Heat.

No state in the union comes close to being as cool as California, not by a long shot. The Golden State is in a league of its own.

I also agree with what you've said about Miami getting old. That's the impression I'm left with every time I've spent a few days there. I mean, what's there to do besides party? That's what makes it unattractive as a long-term move. A year is doable, but you'll probably get jaded spending any more time beyond that. I couldn't see myself there long-term the way I could in SoCal. I also have more contacts on the West Coast.

You're also right about LA. I don't think I could live there. I only like the nightlife there more than SD, which is pretty wack btw (i.e. Gaslamp). It's also much more diverse than SD. But aside from that, I give SD the edge, though I wish it was less conservative and more liberal like LA and SF.

It's a tough call. Really would come down to Miami and SD.

Messages In This Thread