rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Learn to Surf, the Lifestyle & Live by the Beach longer length of time. Where?

Learn to Surf, the Lifestyle & Live by the Beach longer length of time. Where?

One thing I really want to do is SURF. I've realized I do not want to just do a 1/2 week surf camp and be a super beginner and not get to do it again for a longer while.

I want to do it so I reach a decent level of proficiency and can add it to my lifestyle. Which means having TIME & VENUE to do it for longer period once you start the INITIAL LEARNING CURVE.

Any recommendations on what would be a good place to go under each of the following 2 scenarios:

LONG BREAK & SURF
- Take a LONG break by BEACH. Live & Surf for CHEAP - Like the stuff posted by the OP
- Take 2/3 months (Cheap Apartment or Room or Shack) and live on the Coast of some place. I am thinking Asia / Africa/ Latin America would be cheap?
- For this scenario, I wouldnt even mind a REMOTE location with not much activity..
- A spiritual time of connecting with myself and nature..
- Ofcourse, an inexpensive surf teacher or a friend.. from here or through friends.. where I could just SURF! and be a beach bum.

I've been told Thailand, A friend near Gold Coast suggested it (But unless I can crash at someone/ friends house nearby it means $$$)..

This could be pretty much anywhere..?

I've always wanted to do this and recently read this book... The Saint, Surfer and CEO. Would love to do it.

LIVE & WORK
- Get Job, Settle & Live
- Work and have time to go learning & practicing surfing morning / evening (I dont know if you can go during lunch) ?
- Something I think/ hope I would've / could've done if I stayed on the California coast long enough.
- This would be a place where a Consulting/ Corporate world guy like me could get a Job and have a work-life balance. ENGLISH language skills only so far.
- This could follow the above BREAK scenario as a lifestyle follow up.

I am thinking San Diego.. I am sure there's more places and suggestions? Australia etc?

Any thoughts suggestions?

And maybe someday when I have a business that lets me be free.. I can be free to take LONG BREAKS & WORK & SURF wherever.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Messages In This Thread