rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Party Host Game (Datasheet)

Party Host Game (Datasheet)

Quote: (02-22-2015 10:42 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (02-17-2015 03:14 PM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

6. Music - Oh wait, music wasn't included. This is a glaring omission. Music is HUGE for setting the vibe of the party and keeping people upbeat/happy. If you throw more of a wild party, the right music will create a dance floor. You should have a quality sound system with a real subwoofer that is either hooked up to a computer you can start a playlist or DJ from (or better yet hand off the DJ duties to someone whose strength this is). Alternately, at minimum having an audio jack that people can plug into their phones can be a surprisingly good solution. Myself I have every single charger for cell phones available right by the audio jack so I can play music from someone's phone AND charge it.

I haven't extensively field tested music yet, so I didn't discuss it. My experience so far, however, has been that music is not always a good thing.

First of all, don't let any female decide on the playlist or DJ herself. You can let a male buddy DJ, but don't let girls turn the party into their personal playground. You should be center stage. If the ladies don't like this, they can get the hell out.

Let the music be a reflection of who you are (while avoiding music that girls uniformly don't like). Don't just play the latest garbage pop tunes.

However, I went without music for the last several parties to keep the noise down for the neighbours and while there were a few Westerners who thought that the only way to have a party was to blast loud music, the attractive women and high value males were too busy socializing and having genuine conversations to even notice the lack of background music. Those who wanted a loud party with music served no value in getting me laid.

Just to follow up, does anyone have good song recommendations to set the right vibe? I used to focus on loud club music/top 40, but then I got in trouble with the neighbors and people ended up going to clubs after my party, making it harder for me to get one girl to stay behind and "help me clean up." People enjoyed the music though.

I'm still not 100% sure if I should be focusing on pulling that night vs. using the party as a DHV to follow up on chicks afterwards. If I focus too much on same night then I may end up ignoring other long term opportunities that are also at the party. Then again, better a guaranteed 6 then an unknown 7 or 8?

Thinking back to my previous parties, I got a good chunk of hookups out of one that I hosted earlier this year. A recent one I had in the beginning of the summer didn't yield as much value. One reason because I was too busy over the summer so didn't have time to capitalize. Other reason is that girls who were strongly interested after my party turned out to be not that attractive and I lost interest.

Lesson learned - don't invite girls just for the sake of it - focus on quality.

Messages In This Thread