rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sleep issues

Sleep issues

Quote: (10-08-2016 02:22 PM)chicane Wrote:  

I'm hoping that with the broad knowledge base here I can get some insight.

I typically have difficulty sleeping, including lots of nightmares and have suffered from night terrors at various times in the last couple of decades. So, I am usually a little short on sleep, sometimes enough to be noticeably impaired, but usually just a bit tired. That's not the problem I am concerned about. The problem that I am looking for insight into is on the rare occasions I get plenty of sleep, I seem to be very irritable and short tempered. I have no idea what is going on here, any ideas?

Have you tried keeping a daily activity log/journal of sorts?

I was having trouble sleeping earlier this year, maybe getting 4-5 hours per night, even after long days of work where I would normally be wiped. It freaked me out because it never happened to me before.

After a month I kept a brief journal: things I did, what I ate, when I slept, what woke me up (bad dream, having to go to bathroom, police sirens, etc.).

I narrowed it down to a new diet I had been trying. I corrected the problem and I was back to normal.

So maybe by just keeping a small daily checklist of activities, you could possibly narrow it down to something that occurs during the day that might trigger these crankiness-inducing deep sleep sessions

Messages In This Thread