rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2016 Vice Presidential Debate Thread - 10/04/2016
016 Vice Presidential Debate Thread - 10/04/2016
Quote: (10-04-2016 10:33 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

I liked Pence a lot except for the part focusing on Syria when he went all NeoCon...

I didn't like that shit either. All that stuff he was spewing could of been in Time Magazine or The Economist. Sick of the all that spin still being tossed around. Russia has been a stabilizing force in Syria, and Assad, say what you will as a leader, is a better alternative then having a bunch of random bearded goons running the show there.

But Pence is a 'politician' so I remind myself you need a counter-balance for the rouge anti-establishment Trump. Trump can muse the reality that Putin puts his nations interests first as a leader should do. Pence does not get that rope. So I don't agree with all he says, but I understand how and why he has to say what he does, when he does. He is the guy who will do the Sunday shows as VP and speak the language the MSM wants to hear. Trump IMO will simply blow off the media and give them the middle finger when he becomes POTUS; after the way they treated him it would crazy if he didn't do that.

End of the day VP is subordinate. Pence can be as conventional as he wants but Trump is running the show. Pence does not have the orbit or shadow influence and power that VPs like Bush Sr. did who attempted to seize control within the WH from Regan (and take Regan out in a shadow coup attempt). Another example was Cheney who more or less wrestled the important files away from Bush and ran much of the external strategy and policy for the WH. Pence does not have the power those guys have. He is a long track politician but he does not have that leverage so I still think big picture, long term, even if I don't agree with him most of the time, he is excellent choice for Trump for this election and beyond.

Messages In This Thread