rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Career Crossroads

Career Crossroads

Hey guys!

I am seeking advice for an important thing as I am graduating soon. This community has helped me improve tremendously so I am naturally asking for advice from the wisest. I am thinking about my career and frankly I am lost. I have several options but I really don’t know what to do. I’d like to hear your opinion guys on these different options.

I am 22 years old and I will graduate with a bachelor degree in Finance in December. I will graduate with a decent GPA.

My first option is to go directly apply for jobs, I believe I could get a job in a bank or a big corporation. I am thinking about a job where I am in contact with people (Sales). If I choose this option I will be able to get out of my parents place and will have money to have a better lifestyle in general. That’s my option 1.

The trade off is time with this option and doing a job that I don’t really like. I am not improving my acting / stand up… But I have a mouth to feed.

The second option would be to take a similar job. Work as a salesman with 30 hours a week which will be enough to cover my expenses and dedicate more time to acting classes / going to open mics.

My third option is to go back to university stay with my parents and study theatre or acting. Because I believe that I belong to some creative field. I am not naturally gifted with sciences, and I feel like I’ve chosen the wrong major. I studied harder than everyone I know and I managed to get decent grades but in Finance like in Physics, if you can picture stuff you will do good. So I am thinking that’s not the right career for me.

Part of me wants to do stand up / acting really bad. I took two improv classes and loved it. It makes my mind free. I also wrote several pages of material for stand up but had a bad experience when reading it to my friends.

I haven’t talked about girls in this post because with any of the options I will make sure to dedicate some time to it.

Thank you for reading and please feel free to give any advice!

Messages In This Thread